Monday, July 28, 2008

The Wasp Problem

Ever since we moved in 2 weeks ago, I've been encountering numerous face-offs with wasps. The irksome pests do not just fly around to bother & scare me, but enraged me more by building a nest in my living room of all the places! A fortnight ago, what we saw was just a tiny brown wood fibre on the top of our sliding door to the balcony. We thought nothing of it and had absolutely no idea that a wasp nest was in the midst of a construction.
A week ago I had my first nasty encounter with the annoying pest. Not knowing that the wasp actually came out from the nest above, I was appalled at how it could fly through the net covering the door, and then through the closed sliding door to get into the house.
It was after the third scuffle I had with wasps did I realised the tiny brown piece of thing had grown into this huge nest! It's utterly disgusting, even for me to take these pictures and post them up here. But to let you guys apprehend how I have been feeling lately, I need to grit my teeth and do it!
The previous picture was taken at night, when the wasp will close the opening to the nest. That's probably coz the queen does not want to be disturbed I guess. This was taken just awhile ago, when I saw a wasp flying around the living room! The entrance to the nest is now open. Its darn horrible isn't it??!

The hopeless hubby did no help at all to rid the wasps and nest as he is as terrified as me. I've been pestering him over the weekend to kill all the wasps and to tear the nest down, but his fear to be stung overtook his gung-ho-ness. Thus, the poor me had to wait till this morning before i could get help from the maintenance.

So for now, till the maintenance guy is here to rid the nest, I have to blog and surf the net in my room, behind closed doors. Lest the bothersome pest annoys me again. As I have not had a bite from the time I woke up, I had to crawl out of the room discreetly in this...
to grab my bag of popcorns. It's really a ghastly ordeal. I wish the maintenance will come really soon, but as it's lunch time now, I probably will have to wait another hour or so. Sigh poor me......










The pictures of the wasp and its nest make my hair stand when I previewed this entry. Yucks! I shall stop here and pls pardon me for any spelling/grammer/vocab mistakes as I just can't bear to look at the pics any longer!

No comments: