Monday, July 14, 2008

Hotel and Apartment update

Alright! I finally have access to the internet after having lost it over the weekends at Marriott. It's a shame that a 5-star hotel's internet connection was down for 3 agonising days.
Anyway, we moved into our respective apartments early this morning and the cable guy had just fixed up the modem and cable TV minutes ago. Nothing could be worst than sitting on the couch and staring at the white-washed wall while hubby and the guys are at work, with no TV and no internet. Lucky for me it lasted only for an hour as I'd only finished packing our stuff an hour before the cable guy arrived.
Back to the topic; I promised pictures of our lives here in St. Louis. So right here today, I shall post pics of the hotel and our cosy little apartment. Btw, our unit is on the highest floor, which is the 2nd floor. The lowest starts from B1 and all the buildings in Whispering Hills are only 3 storey high.
This is Residence Inn by Marriott. It's about 15 mins drive to Boeing from here, through the highway. The room where hubby and I spent the past 8 nights in is the one I circled in red. It's sort of a cottage-style hotel, quite interesting. Wondering what are the guys doing outside our room? This pic was taken just this morning unlike the rest, coz I realised when we arrived early last Sunday morning, I did not take any pic of the exterior coz it was pitch dark then. The guys were busy moving luggages into the cars, getting ready to shift into the apartment!


This is the interior of the room, with a mini kitchenette. On the whole, the hotel stay would be pretty pleasant if not for the lack of internet over the weekends. Actually I should't be complaining much especially when breakfast and dinner are provided on most days, though it'd became a bore to have our meals there after the 1st couple of days. It sure save us some pennys though.


















Next up is Whispering Hills, which is also about 15 mins drive to Boeing, 30mins to downtown, 20 to college and 10 to St. Louis Mill (the nearest & largest shopping mall that sells dirt cheap clothings from major brands!).


This is William, hubby's manager. I think he's drooling at the new fridge the management has gotten for us.









The Study in bedroom 2, where we exchanged a double bed for a study table and chair. Quite dumb! Anyhow for all intended visitors, we will still keep to our promise of providing bed and breakfast. Only thing is, bed will have to be an inflatable queen sized bed instead of a real bed.






This is the master of coz! We had to persuade the furniture rental guy to swop the queen-sized bed for a king. I'll tok abt the furtniture rental another day. It was quite a joke, about having to go down to this warehouse to choose what are the furniture we wanted for the apartment. See the ugly bedspread? That's from the Whispering Hills management. Definitely not my taste!





Lastly, the most interesting thing about the apartment is, the washer and dryer are located inside the walk-in-wardrobe! Weird right. Convenient though, since it saves me the hassle of carrying the clothes from the dryer into the room, then hang them up in the wardrobe. Now I can just hang them up directly from the dryer!






The right frontal view from our apartment. The unit circled in red is where Peng Han is staying. The club house, pool and most of the facilities are just right behind Peng Han's block.








This is the exact front view. We face the courtyard, where 2 lone benches stand. The unit directly behind the one that's circled is where Meixuan stays. There are 4 unites per level, 2 on each facing.




This is the left frontal view, where the carports are. We will be given a specific lot in one the the covered ports soon.









Lastly, where our unit stands in the block.










Super long post. Took me a long time to arrange the pictures as I'm still trying to navigate around blogspot. I need a break before I can update you guys on how we spent our 1st week in St. Louis.
Btw, I saw an email today, sent on Friday evening by the Director of MBA in Washington Uni to congratulate me on my acceptance by the college!! I can't wait for school to start a month later, and can't wait to make new friends here in a foreign land! Woohoo!!! I was also astonished to have found out from http://mba.eiu.com/index.asp?layout=2007rankings that Olin MBA's program is at the world's top 49th spot, ranked way above NTU and NUS's MBA programs in the international ranking! At least now I feel much comforted for trading in my career to be here with hubby.

Till then, ciao!

No comments: