Thursday, July 24, 2008

Revealing the Artistic Sides

Last Sunday was spent in 2 museums in Forest Park, the history and the art museums. I'm tired and the cold weather is making me lazy to type further. Pictures shall tell the story.

A group picture, with hubby's colleagues.
I can't remember who these black figurines represent.
A horse carriage commonly used in the olden days.
Vintage wear is full of lace and frills, I like!
Golf evolved from wooden clubs.
Meixuan and Penghan on a hot air balloon flying across The Arch! Penghan is acrophobic?! He looked quite scared with his hands gripping tightly onto the edge of the basket. Hehe...
Say Kwee and Hubby. Hubby said he wanted to try to "grab" The Arch. HAhaa...
The Art Museum from afar. The Forest Park is super huge. It'll probably take us numerous weekends to comb the entire park. There's a zoo, a golf course, the Science Centre, the Jewel Box, etc. It covers a whopping 1371 acres of land!
A tree made of steel outside the Art Museum.
That's St. Louis I supposed.
Must show proof that I do have artistic vibes coz i visited an art museum!
Go Art museum must take artistic shots! =P
My Favourtite painting, St. Peterburg, Russia.
Hubby admiring my 2nd favourite painting, St. Helen and the Emperor Constantine.















Thereafter we went to this Thai eatery that serves expensive and second-rated food. Nothing fantastic about the place, so I didn't bother to whip out my camera. The pad thai was a tad too wet and sticky and while I thought the green curry was passable, hubby said it was too sweet for his liking. At least the extravagant dinner saved me from preparing the next day's lunchbox for hubby, coz we only managed to finished up half the portion and had the other half packed.

That's all I have to blog about the last weekend, and before I could take a break, the weekend is here again! Wooohooooo!

We went for some drinks and cheap wings (at only a quarter of a dollar each!) just awhile ago after my test, and met up with the rest of the wives. They're bringing me shopping tmr! To this mall that has a cafe that sells the best cheesecake and then we'll probably head to Joe's crab shack for crab dinner. I can't wait to go on a shopping spree and then a feast! Yeah!

Btw, I passed my driving written test. Will find sometime next week to go for my practical test, since we were late today and only hubby managed to take the test.

2 comments:

Sarah Tan said...

Hi Gladys, you have a cool blog!

Gladys said...

Heh... thks!