Monday, July 21, 2008

Cold Stone Creamery

I'm going to keep this post short, coz I fell yesterday and my right thumb is hurting. Yes, I slipped n fell in the supermarket, of all the places. I didn't see the the puddle of water infront when I was walking past the shelves and then zooooooooooomm. The next moment I knew I was on all four, almost kissing the floor, and trying hard to keep my skirt down. The only consolation I got was lucky hubby was nearby, though he was laughing away n taking his own sweet time to come pick me up. Sob... I guessed I must have used my palm to support my weight when I fell, and somehow twisted the muscle or vein near my thumb. Now it's semi-paralysed coz I can barely grip the TV remote control.

As the title of this post divulges, we went to Cold Stone, along Delmar Blvd when we visited the St. Louis Walk of Fame last Saturday. It was a divine experience. I never ever had such terrific ice-cream in my entire 27 years, and I really mean it. I am crazy about ice-creams and chocolates. Hubby and I were once so crazy about the durian ice-cream from Scoopz that we drove every week without fail to Parkway just to satisfy our cravings. So after we chanced upon Cold Stone, I can foresee myself being it's very loyal fan for the next 18 months.

I ordered a scoop of the Cheesecake Fantasy. See what the staff are doing? The pair of hands on the left were mixing FRESH, HUGE chunks of strawberries and WHOLE blueberries together with Graham Cracker pie crust into the ice-cream to create my Cheesecake Fantasy. The blending were done on a black frozen slab of granite.
The ice-cream was creamy and light. The fruits were in abundance and fresh. The pie crust added an oomph to my indulgence and it really made me felt as though I was having a frozen cheesecake with fresh fruits! We were given a choice of a free boost as well, and I chose "antioxident". Dunno how well it worked, but the ice-cream alone was good enough to make me go back very often.
Still can't get enough of it. Once back home, I immediately checked out their website and signed up for a Cold Stone account, hoping for some promotional discounts or coupons. Tsk tsk...
Everyone was full of praise for their ice-creams and smoothies. Hubby and I shared a mango & pineapple smoothie too. It was quite refreshing, but it somehow left a bitter after-taste. We wondered if it's coz they blended the mango with its skin on, since Penghan saw them doing that with the bananas. FYI, that's our entire gang except me, the photographer and the only wifey.

I think Haagen Das and Ben & Jerry's pale alot in comparison to Cold Stone, for the fact that they aren't as generous with their mix-ins and ingredients used are not as fresh too. If I have the money, I will love to buy the franchise and set up stores all over Singapore! Chrissy, you should come here and try the ice-creams! We both guessed you'll love them to bits!

I am feeling so blessed to have a Cold Stone outlet just outside WH. Now, the tub of Haagen Das in our fridge does not look as appealing as before and I wonder how long it will take for us to finish it...

P.S. I promise more pictures taken over the weekend, probably tomorrow, when the thumb feels better.

P.P.S.S. I am thinking of signing myself up for an english pronunciation class, coz I like the way the Americans speak! Clear and precised.

P.P.P.S.S.S. I need to get started on the dreaded Driving Guide, coz we need to get the driver's license within the next 2 weeks, me included. :(

3 comments:

Junyong and Eve said...

oh! I Loooove Cold Stone too! Love the fact that you can create your own ice-cream with flavors and mix-ins you like. Or if it's too tough to decide, just take the standard creations!

btw do u know that you can sue the supermarket if they hadnt put a sign to warn you about the puddle of water? They're liable for your "slip and fall".... Just one of the many examples of "crazy American lawsuits"...

Gladys said...

Oh is it? but anyway I dun haf the money to sue them oso, incase I lose the case. I just got to suffer the pain in silence. haha...

MC said...

looks blardy blardy blardy good...*drool* love the Graham crackers they put in Ben and Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream...wish I can taste it too.

Now, here's why the RICH GETS RICHER: "Have a minimum of $5,000,000 working capital for this project" - From the International Franchise section.