Saturday, July 19, 2008

Falling in love with St. Louis

It's Saturday evening now and we just came back from an afternoon drive around downtown. In another 30mins time, we'll be heading to TGIF, just outside WH. That's the only other watering hole we know of other than Trailhead, which we went to a week ago at the Historic Village.

In this short 30mins, I'll like to comment on how friendly the people in St. Louis are. Most of them are extremely warmhearted, unlike the people I met in Australia and some parts of Europe. Anywhere in WH, I am always greeted by "hello"s and "hi"s by anyone who crosses my path. Sometimes along the streets and in the supermarkets, we see people smiling at us or even asking about our day. Good services are relished by all everywhere we went; not restricted to just the Americans. They don't discriminate just because we are of a different skin colour, and they never fail to give me a warm fuzzy feeling everytime I get out of the house. Discrmination is probably not in their dictionary, and because of this, I am really enjoying my stay in St. Louis.

Tranquility of this county is another charm that allures me much to where we currently are. It makes me dread going home, struggling to survive in the grueling world again.

Anyhow just to digress, I am toying with the idea of engaging a photographer to do a wedding album here in St. Louis. As a first wedding anniversary remembrance and to commemorate our stay here, but I got to convince the hubby to part with the money first. Sigh...

2 comments:

MC said...

sell the car...hahahahha

Gladys said...

Like as if he will agree to...