Friday, July 24, 2009

A little of everything

I've been enjoying the past 3 months of Summer holidays so much that it didn't felt like 3 long months had passed. Fall semester will start in another 4 weeks time, and soon after we will have to bid Summer goodbye. As always, I've wished that good times like this will come to a standstill. As much as I dread going back to school, it still can't be as worse as working in SIN. OMG!!!! Why can't life continue to be this good? No worries about utility bills and house payments, and having a fixed amount of monthly allowance enough for insurances and savings as well as shoppings, without the need to work for it. Sigh...

Enough of my nonsensical rantings. I've been keeping myself very busy with gym and golf lately. Part of the reason is because I reckoned it's high time I start living a healthier lifestyle (I've stopped exercising since I joined e workforce), and the other motives, to prevent my golf clubs from rusting and to keep my mind off shopping. Though PS and I have been alternating between the gym and the range almost every weekday for the past 3 weeks, I have only managed to shed a kg. That's pretty demoralising, especially when I was able to shed 2 kgs within a week by just controlling my diet back in SIN. However, to look on a brighter side, I convinced myself that probably most of my fats has been turned into little muscles and I should look a little toned on closer inspection. LOL!

Perhaps it's because I've over-exerted myself too much, that I was feeling a little under the weather last evening. It could also be becaused I was caught under the rain in the noon, which explains the chills I experienced at night. After a hot glass of herbal tea and 2 paracetamols, I slept for 13 hours cacooned in my bathrobe and duvet. This morning, I felt alot better and hit the gym as usual again.

The Indian restaurant (Ruchi) outside WH had closed down and another Indian restaurant now sits in its place. I was extremely delighted that I had lunch there yesterday, as the buffet was incredible! The spread was not exactly commendable (though I didn't had the chance to try everything available), but the food was tastier than many of the Indian restaurants in SIN. The bryanni was so spice-infused that the rice alone tasted heavenly. Accompanied it with mutton curry, and it's one of the best meals I ever had in STL. The complimentary dosa was excellent too, among some of the dishes I tried before my tummy screamed for me to stop. So much for the 400 calories I burnt in gym yesterday...

I purchased a bandeau set online 2 nights ago and had paid extra to have it shipped to me via express, in time for our trip. Received it awhile ago, and realised I'd bought the bottom 3 sizes bigger than the correct size. It somehow slipped my mind that my old bikinis are in aussie/UK size 8, and I should have bought a US size 2 instead of an 8. Gotta return it now; wasted SGD30 in shipping! Rooaaarrr....

In another 5 days time, Hubby and I will be sun-bathing in the acclaimed Miami beach as well as the Bahamas!!! Woohoo!!!

One night, as I was randomly flipping through the bible and praying, Jesus said to me, "Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you" (Luke 11:9). A few weeks later when my faith was wearing thin, I flipped the bible again and prayed, and He said "ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you" (John 16:23). Twice, God said the same things to me TWICE. It can't be a coincidence! God is good, He re-ignites my faith and gives me assurances. He will provide me with what I asked for, as always. =D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! :)
"For I Know the Plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are Plans for Good and not for Disaster, to Give you a Future and a Hope."
~Jeremiah 29:11

Rachel

Gladys said...

Thks!!!