Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I'm in a Shopping Paradise!

I seriously think PS and I are two shopping-fanatics. Not shopaholics (because definition of shopholic is "person who can't control the urge to spend"). Fanatics because we both have an extreme zest to shop as much as we can during these few months (yet we can control the urge to spend of course!). It's like a race against time, whereby we need to satisfy the compulsion to buy as much as we can before we leave STL for good. Shopping in the States is much more better than anywhere in the world (thank God for Outlets). Thus we shop for whatever we can think of that we will require when we head back to SIN. Our shopping lists include but not limited to kitchenware (Pyrex, Corelle, etc), household items (Simmons mattress, Tempur pillows, bedsheets, etc), and at least 2-years worth of workwear, sportswear, casuals, lingerie, bags and shoes. Since everything is dirt cheap here (think 30%-50% of the prices in SIN), I reckoned we should just empty our piggy banks and start saving all over again in the next 2 years to come. We are so enthusiastic over boasting the US economy, that we now fathom it's best to hit the gym as early as possible, and come home cook dinner before we hit the malls at 12pm. This way, we don't have to worry about not able to feed our guys dinner on time. With the absence of the pressure to rush home to cook, we shopped till our legs gave way at 7pm. Considering that we woke up at 8am to hit the gym earlier, it's such a mean feat to me.

Money-wised, I've decided not to sigh and feel depressed everytime I look at my credit card bills. After paying off a $4k debt and eye-balling $1k worth of unposted items (which should have increased to min. $2k to-date) last month, I think I am immuned to having nothing much left in the bank. I chose to rejoice over the bags of prized possessions than to brood over the depleting account, and I feel alot happier these days. Everyone says life's short, so I'm enjoying every second of my life now that I can!

On a side note, I'm very grateful that I have met someone at the other end of the globe, whom I can get along well with and share the same passion and similar tastes in almost everything. It does make shopping and living in STL alot more fun than it originally is.


**To digress, I think silica gels are the best thing to have (besides Space bags maybe) now that we have boxes of new stuff to store. Do pile up on them if you want to keep unused fabrics/leather looking brand new longer.

No comments: