Monday, July 13, 2009

Kitchening Away

It's been a hectic day in the kitchen today. After working out in the gym, I had to rush home to prepare dinner before I headed to Yvonne's place at noon. Yvonne's mum will be leaving this Saturday after a 6-month long stay in STL, and thus made her signature Hakka Cai Kuehs for us before she leaves. I thought I was able to acquire some excellent kueh-making skills from her, but I ended up wasting some dough instead. As usual, my set of "wrapping" skills sucks to the core, and my kuehs were either of irregular shapes or had holes on the "skins".
Yuumilicious cai kuehs made by Auntie. Soft thin "skin" with peppery fillings; I couldn't keep my hands off them! My handicraft failed so you don't get to see any of my products here. =P







I had to think of an easy and mess-free dish for tonight's dinner, as I will be spending the entire noon away from home. Yet at the same time, I wanted to pamper Hubby and myself with another of our comfort food. We haven't had 梅菜扣肉 for months, and the thought of having a succulent piece of pork belly in a Kong Bak Pau was simply irresistable despite the high content of saturated fats in the dish. Hence, what we just had an hour ago was...
梅菜扣肉 with kong bak pau. Superbly melts-in-your-mouth-yummy, and the recipe is fabulously easy.

And this, is Hubby's packed lunch for tomorrow. Steamed egg and french beans to neutralise the salty 梅菜扣肉! Such a lucky guy...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wooo your fatty bruised pork looks really yum yum sia..

rach

Anonymous said...

and yaloh bk is such a lucky guy...nothing beats home cooked food

Gladys said...

braised u mean. Heh... yah i agree to the max. =P

Anonymous said...

hAHahahA!!!