Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Mooncakes

It's the time of the year again! I absolutely adore mooncakes, especially the Teochew-styled yam-filled ones, the durain mooncakes, and of course the traditional lotus paste gems. It doesn't matter how many yolks are in there, I love them all, even if they're without the yolks!

Bought a box of Guangzhou-made lotus paste mooncakes with double yolks from Olive market today. They tasted heavenly! It was of a different brand from the one I bought last year, and cost double the price at USD20. Still, I thought it was a steal, considering the steep price of good mooncakes sold in SIN.

Come next year this time, I must feast on tons of the durain mooncakes from Goodwood Park Hotel to make up for the 2 years of cravings! Oh and those fried mooncakes filled with yam too! Just the thought of these darlings is making me drool.

It's time to hit the gym religiously again, as I forsee myself piling on more calories in the coming weeks. I should plan a strict gym routine after class, seriously...

No comments: