Saturday, September 26, 2009

1st Step to Going Home

I've officially started packing for our shipment back. It took me 1.5 hrs to individually wrap 20 pcs of Corelle dinnerware and 2 ornaments. Am I slow or what? I reckoned I'm going to spend the most time packing glassware, since they need to be bundled up separately in serveral layers of papers to prevent breakage. Thus here I am, packing 2 months ahead of our final shipment.

Hubby has arranged to share our shipment with KY and SK, hence we're going to have 3 staggered shipments. Perfect plan since I need to send my work clothes, shoes and bags back early in preparation for interviews, if there are any. On the other hand, we will need our kitchenware and other necessities till Dec, and these will go in the last shipment. Oh and those Kate Spade bags that you girls have ordered, they've all arrived in 2 huge boxes today. I should be sending them back in my 2nd shipment, in time to distribute them when I'm back in Jan.

Talking about Kate Spade, as I was doing my calculations on the amount spent on those bags (for you gals!!), I realised they are soooo freaking cheap! At about 50-60% off the retail prices, they are easily 60-70% cheaper than those ridiculous prices in SIN! For example, a full leather KS bag cost USD425, which could be about SGD700, was selling at only SGD190 during the outlet sales! That's an insane 27% of its original price only!!! I can't stop sneering at those silly wonkas who paid SGD500 for a KS nylon bag while I only paid SGD150 for mine. Wahahaha! How can I curb myself from shopping here?!

Alright I've digressed, but I just have to comment on how ridiculously cheap stuffs here are!

Anyway, back to my packing. I can't wait for those empty boxes to arrive soon, cos there's going to be no space for footing in my studyroom soon. My bags of purchases are strewn all over the floor. Boxes of online buys are randomly (read disorderly) stacked on the empty spots I found. The mess is really such a pitiful sight.

Packing is such a chore. Unpacking is nerve-wrecking. Doing these twice in 18 months is pure nightmare!!! We literally packed our entire home in boxes, unpacked them here more than a year ago, and now I am repacking them to have them unpacked again in 4 months time. I'm working harder than a fruit packer. At least they get to eat free fresh fruits while they pack. Me? I breathe and eat dust while I'm at work. And the worst part, it feels so depressing to take that 1st step into preparing to leave STL for good...

No comments: