Saturday, September 5, 2009

Long Weekend Again!

It's Labor Day this coming Monday! For once, there isn't any trip planned over a long weekend. Such a waste. We're suppose to drive 5 hrs to the Aurora Outlet in Chicago, but I've decided against it since my cash reserves are running super low. Hotel and petrol costs will add up to quite a substantial amount, enough to buy 10 tops perhaps. I reckoned it's better that I save up for the Black Friday sales in nov instead.

Ironically, I kicked start the Labor Day sales by hitting the malls just as when they opened this morning. Grabbed a couple of good buys at our usual hunts, Gap and Banana Republic. No outlet trip doesn't mean no shopping. It just restricts my purchases since there are only limited brand names in STL Mills.

Shopping in Mills wasn't as satisfying as we thought it will be. Thus, PS & I decided we should brave the 3 hr-drive to Osage (the nearest outlet) this Monday. I don't know if I should rejoice or despair. It just feels weird to not visit an outlet during a Federal Holiday. I don't want to miss out on any good buys, yet I don't want to go back to an empty bank accout. I'm such a contradict and a loser.

Anyway, plans for the next 2 coming holdays are sort of confirmed. Seattle and Vancouver during the Thanksgiving week, and Yellowstone- Wyoming, LA and Tokyo in December. That's all for U.S. Thereafter, it'll be Singapore for good...


** Last year this time we were holidaying in Chicago, slurping up bloody steak in Morton's. How I wish I could turn back the clock! Sigh...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow..dun sounds so despair abt gg bk to sg soon leh, u still have got so many holidays in store lo! so envious!!

rach

MC said...

wooo hooo! have fun!!!