Sunday, September 13, 2009

Float Trip @ Meramec River

Float trip? Blah! It's definitely NOT a float trip, kid me not. I was told we don't really have to canoe much, but just float down the river together with the current. Instead, we took 6 hours yesterday to CANOE down the long winding 10 miles river, with some breaks in between. Now, I wake up with excruciating ache on both shoulders.

We should have gone during Falls actually. The scenary will be awesome with the yellow and gold leaves, and perhaps make me feel a lot better while I paddle the hell out of myself. :(

Me, hard at work while hubby snapped away happily.
Meramec River.
A break at the "gravel bar", which is just a gravel patch with no physical bar in sight. Boo...
A one-minute break for pictures, while I take in all the beautiful sights. But seriously I was too grouchy after all that tedious work to really enjoy much.
Preparing for lunch at another gravel bar.
My first meal cooked in a primitive way! I'm impresssed that Ed took only 5 mins to get the fire going with stones, branches, twigs and paper. Nice!

2 comments:

Scorpio said...

TPK grew fat liao... haha!~

Gladys said...

Yah! V fat lor! Cant imagine I have a fat hubby...