Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Shopping & Packing

Backed from Smoky Mtn on Sunday evening. The Black Friday sales was pure madness, with queues everywhere even in the cold weather at midnight! There were long queues to enter the shops, long queues to the fitting rooms, and more queues to pay for the merchandises. I hadn't had enough time to comb all the stores I wanted to, and had to rush to Mills on Monday to try my luck at Banana Republic. Too bad BR didn't have the extended BF sales like some of the other stores, and I lugged back a much smaller bag than I thought I would have. It was Cyber Monday that faithful day too, and I had a crazy evening rushing to buy stuff online before the clock strikes 12. Managed some more dinnerware, and I'm utterly pleased with my buys once more. :p

Haven't had much advancement when it comes to packing. I'm still stucked at the 9th box for more than a week. I'm almost done with all our shoes & books, as well as 2 boxes of Sharon's baby stuff, 1/3 done with our clothes, and am in the midst of packing those bags. Haven't touched on our stationary, beddings, toiletries, sports equipment (rollerblades, golf bags, etc) and other misc stuff. As breakable kitchen & dinnerware will be taken care of by the professional packers, it seems like I am almost a-third done with the packing. Now I need to hasten my pace and get at least another 20 more boxes up within a span of 3 weeks. Sigh...

Today's effectively the last day of class and I'm uber happy that I'm not boiled down by any exam preparations this last term! Will be having a presentation tmr, and that wraps up my 17-month long educational journey. I can finally bid WashU a big farewell! At least I'm happy to close this particular section of the beautiful chapter in my life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay~!!! u r coming home!!! =)

Anonymous said...

forgot to leave my name... ah neo here la. hehe,

Gladys said...

er.... who is ah neo???

Gladys said...

Wendy NEO!!!