Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I've never felt soooo adverse to going back home, back to my family's warmth, & back to my dear frens' fun. I am willing to give up on all the yummy food in SIN, just to extend our stay in STL... but of course it's not going to happen.

I can't help but tihnk of myself going back to suffer; back to the roaches & insects, back to the less civilised world, back to the stressful & congested place.

There isn't any roaches, ants, stray cats & much insects (I hate them all!!!) in STL; unlike in our oven-uous SIN. I havent even seen much flies to be honest. The only stray animals i've seen are the geese & squirrels that roam around our estate at this time of the year.

People here are soooo much civilised, friendlier and welcoming, this I'm sure I've mentioend before in my 1st few entries. Wind down your car window in the hot hot Summer as ur car is parked in the open, and you can expect everything in the car to remain intact hours later. Getting greeted by strangers with a warm smile is such a common sight here. Signal while driving and you can immediately see the car behind you slowing down to give way all the time! Car horn? It's almost unheard of here, unless in a real desperate situation (read: almost causing an accident).

Talking about driving, the driving experience is truly way much better in STL than in SIN. The roads are wider and less congested. Parking lots are bigger and parking is FREE almost everywhr in STL, except for school (ironically students have to pay whr everywhr else is free!) and downtown (CBD areas) which we frequent less than 5 times during these 18 months. Road bullies are also unheard of; friendly & CIVILISED drivers are in abundance.

Weather is of cos far better than in the oven-hot SIN, despite the harsh Winters. Give me fresh dry air anytime, but not polluted humid air that congested our noses so very often.

Lastly, shopping is of cos uncomparable!!!!!!!!! I don't have have to emphasize on that one :p

I have to rush off. There's more to come. SHall update again when I've time.

My last 8th day today.... sob sob....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i cudnt agree more. spore is sardine-packed!

trains are crowded with people, mostly uncivilised & uncompassionate (nv give seats to preggies; those with no prams AND not on wheelchair fighting for space in the lift with me, sometimes even going in front of mi so that they can get it 1st).

roads are full of bullies like taxi drivers who stopped suddenly, or cut into ur lane like nobody's biz, or horning me when i change lane although i signalled & gave ample distance/time for them to react.

grrr

-vainpotash