Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Last Night in Whispering Hills

With 50+ boxes of belongings moved and 7 boxes of trash cleared, the apartment is almost bare. It looks just like the day when we first shifted in 18 months ago. Memories of our arrival are still vivid, and now it's time to move on to the next phase of our lives.

As I typed away, noises made by my keyboard bounced off the white walls of my study and the room is filled with echo. That's how empty my room is now; juz the desk, chair, study lamp, my red baby and me.

Our only belongings left are whatever's in the 2 luggages and backpacks in the masters, and we're ready to hit the road come Thursday.

As I walked around every inch of the(empty) apartment one last time, my heart sanked deeper with each step I took. Those beautiful memories, the fresh crisp air coming in from the balcony, the carpeted floor, the oven, and the parcels from our online sprees... I'm saying my final goodbye to them all.

Tonight's our last night in WH, and I'm going to miss this place loads and loads and loads. It's not any fancy nice big house, but this small apartment in the middle of a quiet and peaceful landscape is made perfect by the friendly & nice people in the neighbourhood. Ron (Ronald) our maintenance guy is one exceptionally kind soul from WH, who made our living experience here far more better than I'd imagined. Just a call away, he's always here to fix a blown bulb, a choked sink/ toilet bowl, faulty this and that, etc. Never had I heard a grunt from him for being asked to fix the slightest fault in our apartment. We received a thoughtful handmade gift from him instead as a farewell cum xmas gift! Sigh, his warm smile is such a lovely sight, and it saddens me to know that he'll never be there to fix stuff for me again.

Knowing myself, I'm sure I won't be able to sleep well tonight, despite the fact that I barely had 4 hrs of sleep last night. Sigh... I wish time could come to a standstill. I wish life could be this good back in SIN. I wish, I wish, I wish......

Goodbye my beloved Hills, goodbye our little temporary apartment. Goodbye squirrels, goodbye geese. Goodbye good life, hello my new chapter.

*P.S. We'll spend a night in Hilton Garden Inn tmr, before we leave STL for good. Sob sob sob...


The movers came early today at 8am, moving all 54 boxes/items out to ship them back to SIN.
Most of the boxes in the hall were cleared.
Some of the boxes in my study, amidst the movers' hardwork.
After all our boxes have been moved. Hubby on his Macbook in the almost-bare living, except for some small belongings on the table and his jacket on the couch, as well as a small box to pack the router.
It's been 17 months since I last saw an empty study... No more bookshelf, no more boxes.
The empty dining room, and a glimpse of the fridge which is stripped bare of our magnets.
No more photo frames lined the walkway to the rooms. :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

totally understand how it feels. in any case, have a safe and good trip and cya soon!

-ping

Anonymous said...

see u soon!!

u wan us to throw a grand welcome party so that you feel less sad upon stepping into the hellish spore?

we go ur house & pop confetti!

~ash