Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Random Walk

With the help of Hubby I've got 16 boxes up now. I hope I can get at least 4 more sealed this week. Sigh...

Jos is leaving in a weeks time, back to the harsh reality. I feel very sad for her. Soon after it'll be my turn...

Dinner was so good last night. Plates and plates of delicious chinese food; roast duck, salted chicken, claypot toufu, sweet & sour fish, etc. All thanks to JH & Jos for the marvellous treat!

This week's gonna be my last week to purchase stuff online; just in time for our shipment. I'm gonna miss online shopping to the max...

There're a few more places I want to go b4 I leave: La Salsa, Pastries of Denmark, Teochew eatery, TGIF (beef stroganoff!), Cheesecake Factory, and let me think of more.

Was discussing about our finances with Hubby last night, and we both realised I spent a horrendous five-figure sum on shopping during our time here! Almost the same amount of money spent on holidays for each of us during this period. I would never have believed I spent so much, till he did the calculations. Actually I think I just never wanted to know the exact figures. Sigh...

In our discussion, we did a comparison of our lives here & in SIN. I can only conclude there is just ONE thing good about SIN. Food; it's convenient & cheap. That's about it. I hate the crowds, especially now that it is infested with the uncivilised influx of Tiongs. I hate driving on our narrow & congested roads; unfriendly & rude drivers make my road experience worse. & of cos I hate looking for parking space. Lastly, I hate working life!

I've had this idea for the longest time, to chart a comparison of the life here in STL & in SIN, down to the details and post it in my blog. I gues it's really time to get down to it. Give me a couple more days...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yalo i agree with ur conclusion..one word sums it all the overall living in sg - "suffering"

rach

Scorpio said...

OMG... five figure?? haha...

Anonymous said...

both of u spent enurf to have 2 kids! stop complaining no $$ to have kid...

cm bak wk hard k... i wan more playdates for my lynelle :P

- vainpotash