Thursday, December 17, 2009

Preparing for the Departure

As the boxes pile up in my study & our living room, our apartment begins to strip itself of our presences. The kitchen cabinets are half empty. Hubby's toys, which used to be scattered all over the living room, have been safely packed into the boxes. The shoes cabinet has been totally cleared. The chests of drawers in the study & master have been finally purged of all their contents. Winter clothes in the cupboard have been transferred into our luggages. The walk-in wardrobe is almost bare, with just enough pieces of clothes to last us for the next 6 days. SIX DAYS!!!

I think I am accepting the fact that I'll be saying goodbye to my good life soon. No longer as devastated now, I am starting to imagine life in our matrimonial flat again. Weekends spent watching movie in our ER, and with friends over for drinks around our bar. The occasional cook-out in my little kitchen. Surfing net on our desk. Reading on the couch. All the other daily activites in the place we called home.

St. Louis is a marvellous place. Our 18-month stay has been terrific. As good as our lives here are, and as much as I do not want to leave this place, I'll have to acknowledge the fact that we have to head back to where we came from. Dad & mum are both waiting eagerly for our arrival. We can't wait to meet up with our friends and share the goodness of our past 18 months with them. And of course I can't wait to use all the new goodies when we're back home.

Life's been like a dream, and it's time I wake up to face the harsh reality. I think I am ready to go back to the work force again, and to lead a stressful life in the competitive society once more. Bring it on!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

u may hate me for saying this, but im actually very happy that you are leaving STL and coming home! hee~

Anonymous said...

oops forget to leave my name.

~vainpotash

Anonymous said...

erm..excuse me..cos ME feel the same way too!! Gladys is coming back!! Wheeee~~~ :D

rach

Gladys said...

i'm v much looking forward to seeing u gals lah, esp lynelle!!!!!!! But but but....

Anonymous said...

hehehe... no buts liao laH! no matter how many buts its inevitable u are cmg back! all gd thngs muz come to an end lah. take it in ur stride & u wun feel so horrible la!

tink of the gd thgs! perhaps a fat pay check is coming ur way! family warmth! boring gossipy frens! good & cheap food!

~ash