Friday, October 2, 2009

Frivolously Cluttered

It's time to mug again. I can't believe this! 5 weeks of sch has past and the exams are drawing near again. Though I only have a paper to prepare for this term, it sure will sap up lots of my precious time. I simple hate accounting. Give me maths, anytime!

I was reminded by Yvonne that in another 13 weeks time, we'll bid STL goodbye. That sucks, to the core.

The weather is turning cold now. No way to leave home without a sweater/coat in tow. The leaves on the trees are starting to turn yellow/pink. Quite a pretty sight, but I ain't enjoying what I see. The time when the trees are bare, is the time when I need to leave this place for good. I can still vividly remember last year this time, I can't wait for the trees to turn orange/gold completely. Thereafter I was so bewitched by my surroundings, and jovially took in every single pretty sight at every turn. Now, I hope these trees will turn to the hue of fresh light green all over again...

I hate winter. I hate it when everywhere I turn to, I see barren brown trees, dry lawns, lifeless roads, men in black coats. The only colours I see around me are black, brown and white. I felt like I lived in a colourless world.

The surveyor from the shipment company came on Wed to do a pre-move inspection. To my dismay and horror, he said I've exceeded my cargo space limit!!! The only household who's utilized their quota to the max, he said. To fit our stuff nicely into the allocated cargo, we have to shrink our stuff by 50cubic feet. However, I'm not done with my shopping yet! The kitchenware, my bags, shoes and clothes, and not forgetting erm... whatever random stuff that cross my mind? No, I am quite adamant that I do not want to give up my Sealy mattress too! Ggrrr... and who was the one who told me our allotment will deinitely be more than enough??? I'm so torn and depressed whenever I have to decide between mattress/shopping.

Yet, I went to Mills again today, and looted 2 big bags of goodies. Seriously, Gap has the best stuff for coats, capris, and home wear. No time for Banana Repulic and Bed Bath, but I'll go again after the 12th. Heh!

It's the Mid-Autumn Festival tmr, and we're holding a BBQ to celebrate. What's new right? Even the food are always almost an exact replica of the previous BBQ session. However with 20 of the F-15 gang here, how else can we get together? Steamboat and potluck are too much of a hassle and not feasible for such a crowd. Dinner at a restuarant is boring, cos we can't get to mingle around with free-flow booze. Free flow for me only, cos there are always too much for my liking.

The 8th month, 15th day of the Lunar calendar is an auspicious day for all things great. Congrats to Gordon and Meiling, for getting married on this beautiful day, and to Elvin and Emily, for moving into their love nest!

I said my post will be frivolously cluttered, didn't I?

*P.S. Kate Spade's double discount with the friends and family sales event is ending on Sunday. Any more orders?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

u book ur tokyo hotel liao?? We check with the tour agency, apparently cannot book in advance the railway tic to mt fuji de leh...

rach

Anonymous said...

And dun be so sad abt leaving STL leh...we are looking forward to your return!! :D

rach

Gladys said...

hafen cos our return date hasnt been cfm yet leh.... sigh...

Anonymous said...

huh till now still cannot confirm...alamak..u shd reserve ur hotel 1st, e most chg the dates but at least u secure the rooms lst for the hot dates

rach