Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What's for Dinner Tonight?

Finally I get to clear the la-la (or clams) from my freezer. Supposed to cook it earlier in the week, but we had been eating out quite a far bit (since the sio bak episode) as Hubby won almost $700 in the Pokerstars tourney, by coming in 1st in the competition. Anyway back to the main topic. La-la isn't exactly anyone of our favourites, but I thought the recipe I chanced upon from the net looked really easy, so I wanna try my hands on dishing up something exotic.

With lots of chopped garlic and shallots, as well as big red onions and sambal, nothing can taste awful, seriously. I added a dash of fermented black beans (tau cheo) and ginger, and this is what we had for dinner tonight. Hubby said it's awsome, but I suspect anything with sambal is yummy to him.

Out of boredom, I took a not very appetizing pic of his lunch box for tmr. Green beans with minced pork, yet another of his favourite. I never liked minced pork from STL, cos of the pungent pork smell. Regardless of the duration I marinated it for, the smell just won't go away. Yucks!



P.S. As mentioned, Hubby won some money from Poker, and I am finally allowed to buy my Summer footwear!
Had been eyeing on it for 3 long weeks! At a hefty $50 price tag, I've been forbidded to own it, until that faithful Monday night... God is good! *chuckles*

No comments: