Wednesday, April 8, 2009

New Hobby

I enjoy whipping up an EASY, healthy and yummy meal recently. Extremely sick of burgers, steaks, ribs and fast-foods, I had no choice but to cook more often than I will like to. With limited cooking skills, Hubby mentioned sometime ago that we had been having the same dishes over and over again. One of the ways to be a good wife, is to satisfy the man's tummy, isn't it? So I started surfing the net and digging out my recipe books, and I marvel at how easy it is to cook nutritious and finger-licking good meals.

The 1st investment I got for myself was a food processor(left), followed by a slow cooker. With the food processor, we are finally able to enjoy our favourite mum's-style spicy chili with ginger and garlic paste. On the other hand, the newest kitchen addition really does wonders, and save me lots of time monitoring over the stove. My first attempt with it was beef stew with red wine. Other than the long 8 hrs of stewing, everything else took me less than 15mins. The outcome? Not too bad for a first-timer. Hubby and I thought if the amount of tomato paste in the recipe was reduced by half, it would be divine. Tomorrow we're going to have ginseng chicken soup and stir-fried clams (lala)! All I need to do is to de-skin and remove fats from the chicken, dump it together with the herbs into my newest toy before I head for school, and viola! We'll have pipping hot nutritious soup awatiing for us when we get home. It's gonna be my virgin try with the clams, but looking at the idiot-proof recipe, it should turn out nice unless I'm really an idiot. =P

As for Sunday, we're going to have..................... LAKSA!!! Yes, Singaporen-style laska all the way in the States! Well, all thanks to the genuises in Prima Taste. Wahaha. Had 2 packets of Laska paste shipped, and so now we can't wait to sink our teeth into the spicy broth with toupok and yellow mee. Yum Yum.

If I had more time, I'll whip up a storm every evening and make my hubby fatter. LOL!

I'm so into cooking, that I've actually prepared a list of food to cook for my family when they're here to visit in a month's time. I'm so excited that I can't wait for them to try my novice's expertise!

I'm gonna have fun with lamb stew, braised ribs/ wings (western style) and clam chowder soon! So, till then.

1 comment:

Junyong and Eve said...

yummy! everything sounds so good! have fun cooking! :D