Friday, April 3, 2009

Sunset Quest

Campus is towards the East of STL, while WH is in the West. On a Tuesday two weeks ago, on my way to Steak 'N Shake to meet hubby for dinner after school, I was bestowed by one of the most beautiful sunset ever. Driving back towards the West definitely has its perks of the nicest views, especially during dusk. Having a camera by my side is an additional bonus. Though the roads were pretty busy then, it did not hinder me from being trigger-happy. I'm glad I have good psycho-motor and multi-tasking skills, which enabled me to concentrate on the pedals, the wheel and the camera all at the same time. I was trying to drive as fast as I could, so that I was able to get out of the car and take more focused pictures when I reached my destination. But alas, by the time I arrived at Steak 'n Shake, my Sunset had been hidden by the dark sky.

Here are some of the many pictures I took while I was on a quest for the most beautiful view of Sunset ever.



















These pics may not exactly depict the actual beauty of the Sunset I saw, espcially in the eyes of a professional photographer. However, they will undeniably inflict a sense of nostalgia in me, when I look back at the pics of my daily life in STL, some time later.

Come to think of it, I pretty much enjoy the daily long drive home. I make use of this time to day-dream, to ponder over my assignments, to think of what's for dinner, to think about my life back in SIN and my family and friends, and most importantly, to have some quiet time to myself after a hard day. The peaceful, uncluttered (pretty much) and "jam-less" surroundings and roads make my drive very pleasant on most days. Throw in an occasional "Sunset Quest", it's way much better than the driving condition back in SIN. Sigh... I don't want to go home, yet!

P.S. 9 months had just breezed by, since the day we stepped foot on STL. Another 9 more months and we will be back home for good. Should I rejoice or should I fret over the impending the departure?

** I think I will fret a alot more than to be glad that I am back to my family and friends.

No comments: