Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Last Burst of Spring

We're a month into Spring! How time flies. I wish it'll be Spring forever, though I sound kinda lame. Anyway, the highlight of this entry are on flowers. I wonder why flowers don't remain on the trees throughout Spring, why do they only have s short life span of approximately 2 weeks. It was such a nice sight when everywhere was lined with trees overcrowded with flowers; a pity the sight lasted only a fortnight.

The trees at the entrance of Olin Business School were blooming full of flowers. I had been comtemplating if I should lug my heavy camera to school just to capture the pretty sight. However, the lazy bug hitted me and I decided to just use the lousy camera on my iPhone to snap some pictures last Saturday, before the flowers started to wither and green leaves sprouting out on the branches.

The tree on the left of the entrance, full of pretty white flowers with tulips underneath it.

Whereas its friend on the other side of the entrance has breezed past it glory days. We see more young green leaves on it while its flowers start to wither away.

The entrance to Olin, with the same species of trees in two different stages of its life cycle.










P.S. The flowery tree has finally started to shed itself of its glory, when I saw half the tree covered in green leaves today.

No comments: