Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Good Days Are Just Ahead

I'm counting down, to the end of the most hectic term ever, and to the arrival of mummy and geri! Four more weeks to endure and I'll be pretty free for the rest of the year! Though full-time classes will resume in September after my long break, I foresee pretty light workload since I'll be taking only 2 courses in each of the last 2 terms. I cross my fingers and say my prayers.

Mummy and geri will be here a month from now, and we'll be heading to LA and Vegas together! I can't wait and am hoping they'll stay for 3 weeks, so we can comb the outlets together during the Memorial Day weekend sales! Geri wanted to go Woodbury, NYC, the largest outlet in the US. I haven't decided if I wanted to go. I mean of cos I will love to shop at the Chanel, Prada and Saks Fifth Ave outlets, but I'm extremely worried that I'll burn too big a hole if I were to go. Chances of me getting a job when we head back next year are awfully bleak. Thus I'm not sure if I should concede myself to an ultra mega shopping spree. On one hand, I told myself that it may be a once in a lifetime opportunity to get discounted nice bags, and that once I've a kid coming along in the future, I probably will not have anymore spare cash for my dream bags. On the other hand, I'm worried that I'll have to survive on bread and water for months before I am able to get a job, what's more one with good remuneration. Sometimes I convince myself that I am spending future money but with good discounts, since I am buying what I will want to buy (when I have that spare cash) in future now, at a lower price in the outlets. Yiak yiak... I'm in a dilemma!

Anyhow, I am also hoping Daddy will be able to attend my commencement ceremony, though he's laden with pile-loads of work commitments. Sometimes I wonder how is it possible that Daddy still has all that drive and energy after working so hard for donkey years. Here, his daughter dream of everyday is to lead a tai-tai life. I thought people used say how much I take after my dad, in terms of characters and looks? That is so untrue...

To digress, our second and last shipment finally arrived safe and sound on April Fool's Day! We were informed some weeks ago that our container had been selected for inspection. As no food products were allowed to be shipped from SIN into US, none of us pinned much hope of having local delicacies for the next 9 mths. However, thank God that everyone's boxes were intact and we're all able to enjoy our curries, herbal soups, laksa, sambal and what-nots. I now wonder what form of inspection was done at the customs, not that I am complaining. =P

An update on the weather in STL:
I had mentioned before that Spring has started 3 weeks ago. Weather bas been good with the temperature hovering around 15 deg C on most noons, but it snowed on the 2nd weekend, and 2 days ago there were snow flurries! Bizzare bizzare.

Pictures taken at 1.30am, on Mar 29th, on the balcony. We thought we could build another snowman the next day, but when we woke up at 12pm, the snow was long melted by the blazing sun.



Snow/Ice accumulation on the ledge of our balcony.

No comments: