Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bad Things Come in Pairs

I was sad enough that I had to go back to school (again) when I was barely having enough of the break, yet I was hit by a devastating news on the very 1st day of the Spring mini B term. I HAVE TO ATTEND SUMMER COURSES! Was looking forward so much to the 4-month long Summer break starting in May, that I was already counting down to it and making plans way before I could even smell it. Then the bombshell fell and flooded my vision with darkness. Plans to tour Las Vegas, Grand Canyon and L.A. with my parents are now put on a hold. I still cant decide if I should skip a week's lesson (which is a day in fact cos there is only a day class weekly) for the vacation planned, bring forward the vacation and shortened it considerably, or forsake it totally, which I am very unwilling to. Damn it! I just can't fathom why can't the school inform us much earlier of the requirement to attend the freaking Summer classes. As much as most of the visiting parents will like to tour parts of US upon arriving for our commencement, we the unfilial kids are now unable to bring them around cos classes start just 3 days before the ceremony. How unruly! Morever, since classes are only going to be held a day per week for 6 long weeks, can't they just compress the class schedule to 6 consecutive days instead, just like what we did for our foundation courses? I'm a lot more willing to go to school for 6consecutive Summer days, rather than once a week for 6 long freaking week, and forsaking all my vacation plans!

What's worst now is, I can't decide if I should still go back to SIN for a 2-week vacation. Summer courses end in June, and after our trip to NF and Toronto, I will only have a mere 6 weeks left before the Fall semester starts. If i were to spend 2 weeks in SIN, I will have prob only 3 weeks left to enjoy my STL life totally, after spending 1 week to recover from jet-lag. If I do not go back to SIN, I will waste that free ticket, and the opportunity to earn the mileage points. GGrrr...... I hate school a lot more now! Academic life sucks, big time!

No comments: