Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Complacent

It's been snowing for the past 2 days and nights, and I had lots of difficulties driving to/from school. Roads were extremely slippery and my avergae speed was only around 22mph. Took me almost an hr to reach my destination each time, when it normally takes only 30mins max. The worst part was my weak heart was pounding hard for the entire time my hands were on the wheels on both days, and by the time I'm home, my heart felt so tired, it could barely beat another beat.

The sun's up and bright this morning, but the thick snow accumulation (by my stds)- about 6 inch- looks like it's going to stay perhaps till tmr. I love it because the sight is so pretty and I wanna go down to build a snowman later. I hate it cos I have to attend a talk in school later, so I have to head to school again, despite the dreadful road conditions. Maybe i'm just too timid; maybe I really gotta be alittle more brave, but it's really tough not to be afraid when I've never driven on icy roads before, when my car's airbag light is on all the while, and when my car seat belt is not working well! The image of the car skidding and hitting a tree/ other cars and of me being flung out of the windscreen just seems to get stucked in my mind all the while. I suspect the airbag is faulty and cannot be deployed in situations like this, and my seatbelt perhaps won't do much to hold me in my seat. What's worst was it was raining icy sleet yesterday, and the sleet accumulated and form an ice sheet on my windscreen, blurring my vision while I drive. I had the most unbearable driving experience during that last 15mins when I could barely see beyond 5m ahead of me. I had so wanted to give up driving and just stopped by McDonald's to rest my eyes n heart. However, it was the thought of the warmth of our home that give me the much needed determination to complete the journey back.

Oh it's time to prepare for school and I need to decide if I'm leaving quick! *stressed* I'll post pics of the white white surroundings later!

6 comments:

Junyong and Eve said...

sounds like u definitely need ice/snow scrapers! & u may wanna also consider gettting the snow chains just in case! Drive safe!

Gladys said...

i've got the scraper but never get to use it since the car is park under the carport. Since it's only going to snow for only a couple of days, doubt i'll get the snow chain bah.... but i'll see how it goes. Heh

littleonion said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

don be paranoid! juz drive slowly im sure u'll be fine =D

Gladys said...

yah lor, my avg speed was like only 20mph yet my car skidded afew times. Lucky it skidded only ard 1-2 metres each times, else i'd haf hit other cars. scary!

Anonymous said...

only 20 and skidded? now that sounds scary!