Friday, January 16, 2009

Cluttered Post

I dread going back to school. I want more time to daydream, go for lunches/tea. I want to experiment more with cooking. I hope I could spend CNY at home with my loved ones.

I'm craving for the Nonya pineapple tarts, almond cookies, sugees from Bengawang Solo and bak kwa from Lim Chee Guan. To those pals who are going back to SIN over the next few days, "I'M JEALOUS!!!" I bet you all are going to pile on at least 2 kg over the next 2-3 weeks, and I will be the one having the last laugh then! =P

With almost the entire gang going back to spend CNY with their family and friends, only 5 of us will be left here to rot in WH; Jianhong's family of 3 and us. Pathetic huh? We've planned a lonesome 'reunion dinner' just among the 2 skeletal families, at a rundown but yummy Teochew eatery on CNYE. Jianhong's wife, Josephine, is starting the CNY celebrations early by inviting us over to her place for steamboat next Sat. Kim Sun and his family are invited too. (Kim Sun is from Air Force, attached to DSTA for the same F-15 project, and stays in St. Charles county - a 30mins drive from WH)

I guess I've been hit my the emotional mood swing again. Perhaps it is that time of the month again. It makes me feel worse knowing that I have aplenty of group projects to be completed this term. Presentations, case write-ups, reports, live investment, etc etc. This is going to be the heaviest semester, and of course I hate it! Searches for an internship has been futile; makes me ponder if my degree will really bestow upon me the very attractive remuneration package for my next job, at this rate the economy is going. If it doesn't, maybe I should stop harvesting more time, money and effort into the higher education. It hurts less to raise the white flag sooner, isn't it? If none could even secure an internship, what more can we hope for after graduation? I'm despaired.

On a lighter note, Hubby and I have been planning our next round of travelling. He's bringing me to Niagara Falls during my one-week Spring break in March (which ironically is still Winter then). Finally I will get to visit Canada, since we will be stopping over at Toronto for two nights. Actually I would prefer to visit Niagara Falls in Summer, but since it's tougher to match everyone's schedule then, we'd decided to move it forward. Planning for my parents and sis' arrival has been keeping me spirited lately too, amidst the unpleasant school workload. The main purpose of their visit is to attend my Commencement on May 15th. Thereafter, together with Hubby we will be visiting Las Vegas, Grand Canyon and Los Angeles, and probably head back to Singapore for a 2-week vacation! Hubby's not included in the luggage though. =(

Two nights ago, Hubby asked if I will prefer to go East Mexico instead of Alaska in Summer. Since we do not get to see Northern Light then, I am equally thrilled to visit an exotic place. No concrete plans has been made yet since we have 2 trips to draft for now. It depends on our financial health at the end of our family vacation, and if Hubby still has some extra leave to spare then.

It's (suppose to be) the ultra long weekend ahead, with Monday being the Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Ultra long because the weekend has started today since we've no classes on Fridays. I yearn to enjoy the comfort of our warm home with a cuppa hot choc in this bitter cold winter. However with much resentment, I am going to school tmr and on Monday for project discussions! This is sick...

No comments: