Monday, August 4, 2008

The trip to Osage

Another outdated post, but that was because I've been pretty busy lately. Busy with shopping and sorting out our shopping bags. I don't mean to sound bimbo, but its because I kept procrastinating on clearing the bags, I ended up with a heap of laundry to be done. Sigh...

As I'm currently nursing a bad headache, I shall keep this post short.

An early morning 2.5 hours drive from WH to Osage.
A long drive makes me drowsy, especially when there's nothing scenic to keep my shutters busy.
We saw a little cute building while walking to the Polo Ralph Lauren (PRL) factory outlet.
Hubby posing for the camera in Osage, a quaint looking little-town-like place. The sun was blazing hot as usual, thus the squinting eyes.














Round one was at PRL and I'd gotten myself a navy blue knitted sweater, while hubby got himself 2 polo tees, all at only $35 each! After loading our bags in the car, we proceeded to Gap, where everyone went amok.
There were further discounts on Gap jeans, thus the big bags. Hubby got a pair of jeans at $21.50 (that's like only around 18% of the price we paid in SIN?!) and a thermal top for $9. My bag consisted of a hoodie for Melinda, a tank top, a long sleeve tee and a beret, and all cost me barely $38. Thereafter we went Rue21, where I got myself a $10 dress, cheap belt n pants and a pair of lovely pink wedges!

Round 3; where we spent more money in Coach and Calvin Klein. I got a large, full calf leather hobo bag for a mere $199 from Coach! A real steal. Calvin Klein was where we spent the most time browsing around the clearance section. There were plenty of nice and cheap tops, sweaters, belts and pants in the men's department. Actually everything was just dirt cheap. Hubby added a sweater, a knitted wear, a cap and a wallet to his wardrobe while I spent no more than $30 on a knitted top and vest.

We went shopping for shoes in Round 4 and I bought a pair of boots for a freaking $9 and a pair of pretty unique heels from Nine West for $21. Hubby finally bought his Timberland boots and a pair of golf shoes.

These are our cheap frills.

Polo Ralph sweater, CK knitted top and vest.
No-brand $9 knee-high boots, RUE21 wedge and Nine West Heels.











After the 8-hr long shopping spree, we took a 5 mins drive to the prominent Lake Ozark. The guys had a good time gawking at bikini babes.
Lake Ozark is the largest manmade lake in the Midwestern United States and is one of the most popular vacation spots for residents from all parts of the country.
We saw many babes clad in tiny bikinis sun basking in yachtes like this.


A super crowded bar overlooking the scenic lake. Thereafter, it was home sweet home as everyone was dead beat after walking for the entire day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your vacation. How did you like the lake? I love the smell of 2 cycle in the morning lol..Great blog! I love it!


Free Search Engine for Internet Marketing by StatisticsAdd Url Free!