Monday, August 18, 2008

Six Flags

Saturday was the day we had the most fun on a single day ever since our arrival. Our outing to Six Flags was AWESOME! I can't really remember when was the last time I was on a roller coaster; it's probably donkey years back, and it's really exhilarating to go on those pulse-pounding coasters when my heart is now older and weaker. My heart and I had our fair share of thrills and frights throughout the 6 coaster rides. Some of the coasters and tracks were completely made of wood, one was a former Guiness World Record holder and the other goes up a 90 degree track vertically, just to name a few of the very interesting coasters they have in Six Flags.

Queuing to go up Mr. Freezer. I saw some happy and scared faces. Haha... The wait to go up the coaster itself was terrifying enough actually.
Mr. Freeze, the coaster that goes right up the spine-chilling veritcal track at lightning speed, using the new linear induction technology, so claimed the website. It then comes down and goes round the entire track a second time in a reversed direction. The scariest coaster ever. I almost backed out while in the queue. I'm glad the ride did not last more than 45 seconds.
Batman The Ride - I was panic-stricken by these ski-lift-style chairs.
Another very steep drop, the Ninja.
The Boss, the 5,051 ft. wooden coaster behind me.
See how steep is the wooden coaster's track?
That's Shaun Soh and Say Kwee in the 1st car, on Screamin' Eagle, a one-time Guiness World Record holder. It races through drops of 9 and 8.5 stories, at speed up to 62mph. An absolute scream, that I agree.
Making funny faces to entertain ourselves during the long queues.
Say Kwee, Shaun Soh and me, and our $7 coke bottle. At least we get free refills the entire day for the exorbitant price.
A group photo, just before we leave the amusement park. Zhiwei looked like he's holding Hubby's wrist. Wahaha...








See more pictures at my Picasa album.

No comments: