Thursday, November 5, 2009

Packing & Unpacking

Seriously, I'm utterly sick of packing. First packed my barangs 2.5 yrs back to move into our matrimonial house. 1 yr later, packed almost every damn thing in that house to shift here. Now here I am re-packing everything again + a lot more new stuff, to ship them back to that same house. Not forgetting each packing ritual comes with an unpacking task. I can't imagine I've been repeating this tedious chore almost once a year. Sigh.... I've only finished packing 3 full boxes, and have maybe 20+ more to go. Help!

Was packing my bags last night, and I can't believe I have more than 20 bags to ship back! Of course some belong to my sis & cousin, but the bulk of it, sadly are my possessions. I've decided to "spread my risk", in the event that the custom officer decided to check our boxes and think I am bringing these bags back for sales. So now I have to temporary say goodbye to some of these goodies...

While packing, I also realised that I have bought quite a number of clothes on impulse over these few months; tops especially. No wonder Hubby mentioned today that he really thinks I am sick; an addiction to shopping is an illness to him. With these, I am going back home as a pauper. So when you see me, don't assume all who come home from an overseas attachment will bring back with them a bag of gold. Sigh...

No comments: