Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Our Car Bomb

Sent the car for its routine servicing yesterday, and was told that the lighted airbag warning light was not due to a faulty seat sensor as anticipated by the mechanic earlier. It was instead due to some 10 major complicated faults in the driver's seat airbag mechanisms. Apparently, the service report came back implying that these faults were the results of one's manipulation with our car. The mechanic asked me a series of questions, including if I had allowed anyone jump-started the car previously, and had I sent the car to any other workshops before the warning light came on. I said no to these questions, and he was puzzled how a car could have 10 faults in just one airbag. Before I left, he was still adamant that it was definitely the works of an evil one. To think that for the past six months, we had been assuming that it had to do with the seat heater, and that the airbag will still deploy in an event of a collision. Now something which we all had thought was trivial initially turns out to be a matter worth worrying about.

It sets me thinking if there is someone out there plotting to kill me? If so, what are the motives? Or maybe I was just thinking too much. It could indeed be the works of a killer, but one who was trying to rid the previous car owner, not me. Turns out I am the unfortunate one, driving this car bomb day in and day out.

Now with just seven more months to go before we sell off the car, we've to decide between spending hundreds to get it repaired, replace it with another car or to continue riding in the car bomb. Actually as the predominant driver, the last option is not even an alternative to me. When my life is at stake, I think Hubby should be on the same wavelength as me, regardless of the amount of money involved. However here to get so much money?! Sigh~

No comments: