Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pictures and Shopping, the only things that interest me

I'm sorry for not posting the outdated pictures as promised. My lappie has been hit by a virus, and my Paint program is now missing after I re-formatted the lappie and re-installed the Windows application. I have absolutely no idea where did it go to, and how to resize my pictures without Paint. Till Hubby is able to pull himself away from online poker, can I get help to locate Paint or some other programs to resize the pictures to upload onto my blog. I know, I am such a computer idiot. An alternative is to view some of the pictures on my Facebook, where I've posted them.

The short break from shool was fantastic. The initial plan to club was abolished as we were dead beat from the visits to the wineries and the 1.5 hour drive back from Hermann. I practically slept, surfed and cooked my long weekends away, other than the trip. Oh and I did a little shopping, where I spent a bomb. I shopped for a short 1 hr at Marshall's, the place for cheap frills just outside our place, and blew almost $200. I got ourselves a winter jacket each. At $80 for a DKNY long jacket for myself and a $70 Calvin Klein for hubby, it's such a steal! Especially when both are down-filled, ideal for the imminent harsh weather. Late Sunday noon I was dragged to a mall lined with factory outlets by a friend. Lucky for Hubby, I spent no more than $65 as I was strapped for time and barely had the time to dig for good buys. Within 2 hours, I got myself a scarf, 2 long-sleeve tops from GAP, a tee from Banana Republic and a pretty dress at 1/4 the original price from American Eagle. Do the math, and you'll realised each item cost only around $13 on average. Cheap buys again.

In between classes today, I shopped again; at a mall 15 minutes drive away from school. I had a couple of hours of break before the last class and since it's the beginning of a new term, I reckoned it will not hurt to still be in a holiday mood. Finally managed to find a pair of high black boots that can fit my skinny calfs! I was jubilant to discover that inside the top of the boots there is an elastic strap, where I can tightened the shaft to fit the boots nicely around my legs. I had an agonizing time looking for the perfect tight black boots, since most of the women here have bigger calfs. I look more like a fishmonger than anything else whenever I tried on one of these black hotties, till I saw the perfect one! Heh... so must grab even though it cost me $80 for a brand I've never heard of. However I am hoping that Hubby hasn't been keeping track of my buys, 'cause I know he's going to scream upon knowing that I have gotten myself the 3rd pair of boots within 3 months. Heh... Got myself a fragrance too. Sensuous by Estee Lauder is going to be my all-time favourite scent now. It's absolutely feminine and sexy, with a warm woody hue. Very very sensuous indeed. I just couldn't lay my hands off my new baby.

All in all, I blew around $400 in 3 mini shopping sprees. I was just too deprived of shopping; forcing myself to mug at home for the past few weeks was pure torture. So, never dereave a woman of her shopping needs, else the damage will be much greater.


P.S. I've decided to pass on the coach bag I mentioned 2 posts ago. It wasn't what I had expected from the website when I saw it at the store. That actually means I saved $450 from not buying the bag, which means I saved a good $50 after buying so many stuffs! Right.

2 comments:

Scorpio said...

I wanted to buy another design of the Coach bag from the same collection too!!! But when i went down to the store to check it out, the colour is so off!!! so I decided to give it a skip!!!! I save some $$$ too!!

Gladys said...

haha...... yah Lim-ge told tpk about it. the bags look so much nicer on the website lor.