Saturday, November 29, 2008

Greetings from Keystone, Colorado!

Sitting by the window in Starbucks, cosily tucked away from the snowfall and strong wind, is where I am now typing this entry away. Three entries ago, I mentioned that I had to forgo the trip to Colorado due to the exams. Yet, here I am enjoying every single bit of the short break. Nothing can be more theraputic than watching the white flakes fall and the kids playing in the thick snow. I see many ski enthusiasts lugging their ski equipment walking along this cafe-lined street too. With snow-covered cottage-like buildings and trees as the backdrop, this is just the perfect place to be in.

Hubby and the guys are off skiing again. Having cooped myself up in the room with books yesterday, I thought I should lug my notes out and enjoy the beautiful scenery while I work my ass away instead. It would be such a waste to just stay in the room amidst the picturesque mountains, though our intimate loft apartment was pretty awesome too. To side track a little, the apartment comes with a fireplace. It was just splendid to have everyone hanging around at night, warming up together with music blasting in the background. With 2 lappies, 3 ipods, and a set of speakers with subwoofer, who says we can't have good music to last through our stay.

Though the exams are barely a week away and I am saddled with 2 projects and 3 assignments due within the next few days (I haven't got started with my assignments btw!), I am extremely glad I made a last minute decision to visit Keystone. I am prepared to get mediocre grades, or even just a pass. As long as I can graduate, nothing matters more than this awesome trip; at least at this very moment.

The company was remarkable too. Somehow I felt we'd all grown alot closer during this trip. Cramping together for 17 long hours on the road in the rented wagon, seeing each other in our PJs and messy hair in the mornings, and cooking instant noodles and pre-packed meals as a family. We're definitely long beyond colleagues-colleagues relationship. I'm glad I have good companions here, as they made it more worth while for me to sacrifice my revision time.

I would very much love to visit this splendid place again. Maybe one day the grey-haired Hubby and I could sit in the same spot as I am now, watching the crowd whizzes by with their ski equipment while sipping our hot chocolate (like what I am doing now) amidst the snow. Cosing up with each other and relishing our happy days together in the States; how sweet and loving!

P.S. This trip has made me even more unwilling to go back to Singapore, home of the harsh reality. I wish that the remaining 13 months will crawl much much slower.

1 comment:

MC said...

If I were you, I wouldn't even want to come back to Singapore too!!! hahaha