Monday, September 1, 2008

St. Louis Zoo

Two weekends ago, we went to the STL Zoo. I held off the post on our visit for more than a week as I was busy struggling to mug for last Friday's exam.

Anyway, friends who knew me would have long identified the fact that I dislike animals. The reasons why I tagged along was because I need a breather from the gruelsome revision, and also because I did not want to be alone in the apartment on a weekend while the rest of the gang went out for some fun. Definitely not my kind of fun though, but a great opportunity for more photo-taking sessions.

Near the entrance. As usual, the sun was blazing hot.
One of the numerous stalls that sell drinks and snacks.
Spotted a dead deer hanging on the tree!
Us and the grizzly bear. I think Hubby was smittened by the bear.
The only part of the zoo I like is this chilly world of Penguin and Puffin Coast. Though it's freezing cold inside the cove, at least we're away from the heat and more importantly, the stench of all the other animals.
This must be Hubby's favourite animal, since he insisted on leaving only after he saw this highly endangered cat, the Amur leopard. Looks like any other leopard to me.
Lastly, a group picture before we leave. Check out more pictures on my Picasa album if you are interested, as I'd uploaded all the pictures.
Dinner was at Denny's to celebrate Zhiwei's birthdat in advance.











Nothing spectacular about the zoo. I think we have a better zoo in Singapore, especially the Night Safari, that beats the STL Zoo hands down anytime. Since I have nothing impressive to comment about the zoo, I shall end my post here.


We just came back from a 3D2N trip to Chicago 2 hrs ago. Will update on the trip very soon. Till then, tata!

No comments: